Garlic is known to be one of the healthiest foods in the world. Garlic is not only used for adding some flavor to a dish, but it also has amazing benefits for your overall health.
In order to get more benefits from this amazing food, learn how to grow a whole supply of garlic in your backyard.
- It provides your body with healthy nutrients
Garlic contains various nutrients and vitamins such as vitamin B6, manganese, vitamin C, calcium, selenium, potassium and many others.
The most amazing thing is that it is low in calories, it has only 42 calories per one serving.
2. It improves your immune system
It strengthens the immune system and helps your organism fight against sickness and the common cold. The risk of getting sick is being reduced by up to 63% by including garlic into your daily nutrition. This is particularly recommended for those ones who are prone to getting cold.
3. It keeps your heart healthier
The regular ingestion of garlic may reduce the risks of heart diseases and it regulates the cholesterol in your body. Moreover, it is also extremely beneficial for people who are struggling with hypertension.
Besides its magnificent effects on the whole body, it is also pretty easy to grow.
Follow these steps and you will get a huge supply of garlic at your home:
1. Take a garlic bulb and break it up into cloves. Then bury them couple inches deeply in loose and damp soil.
2. The pointed part of the cloves should be faced upwards.
3. After it sprouts, water the topsoil when it is dry but never over-water it since garlic does not need too much water.
4. In order to preserve its flavor cut off the flowers that bloom.
5. You can pull it up after you see the plant has about 5 or 6 leaves.