Traditional brownies are loaded with inflammatory ingredients, which cause numerous health issues.
However, it is considered that these brownies are rich in healthy nutrients, like antioxidants, healthy fats, and dietary fiber, due to the amazing beneficial properties of avocadoes, the main ingredient of the brownies.
Avocadoes are one of the healthiest foods, as they are high in fatty acids, essential amino acids, and antioxidant phytonutrients.
Also, avocadoes contain oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat that enhances fat metabolism and increases the levels of vitamin E (tocopherol) and the carotenoid antioxidants, such as zeaxanthin and lutein as well.
These carotenoid antioxidants lower oxidative stress and promote the health of the cellular environment.
Moreover, avocadoes are rich in folate and ionic potassium, which help alkalize the body and get rid of the acidic waste from the body.
How to prepare
HEALTHY AVOCADO BROWNIES RECIPE
You will need these ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons of cacao powder
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- ½ cup of creamy nut butter, like tahini, cashew, almonds, etc.
- ½ cup of sweet potato (cooked)
- ½ cup of avocado (mashed)
How to prepare it and use it:
- Preheat the oven at 325⁰ F and either grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or line it with a parchment paper or foil.
- Blend all the ingredients, leaving aside the chocolate chips.
- When they are blended, add the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Level it with a spoon, as the batter is thick and sticky.
- Bake it for about 20 minutes.
- Leave it to cool and cut it in slices.